The functioning of the federation is based on three pillars: Offering, Binding and Influencing.
These three must be in balance to ensure the viability and growth of an organization.
Offering - General benefits of a BVBVK membership.
- Sectorial Storage Conditions. The BVBVK members can assert these (general) Belgian conditions for all their agreements. Therefore they don’t need to negotiate for every agreement general issues such as payment terms, warranty conditions, ownership reservation, insurance- and debt collection conditions.
- 4 to 6 Networking Events / year to meet colleagues and service providers.
- • A “Guidance for Self Checking and Food Safety” (Sector Guide no. 17 "Road transport and storage in the food chain") approved by Federal Food Safety Agency.
- A sectorial discussion group and company page on LinkedIn.
- Participating at Innovation and Research Projects.
- International visibility and customer acquisition through the "International Sector Promotional Brochure”.
- National visibility through participation at the exhibition "Transport & Logistics” in Antwerp.
- Global Visibility on Twitter - StorageBE.
Binding - Direct member benefits.
- A Bonus "demand / response" in cooperation with the company REstore. REstore is a leading European ‘demand-response’ aggregator, specialized in automated “Demand Response” .
- Competitive energy prices through cooperation with the company "Scholt Energy Control".
- Unlimited access to the "Cost Index Tool"
- Permanent monitoring and anticipation on evolutions of legislation through "Newsletters".
- Professional Relations & Public Affairs (ministries, government departments, research institutions and organizations).
- Collaboration & Alliances (LITC, VIL, PORTILOG, VOKA).
- Sectorial WMS solution "BVBVK Dynamics" that is always up-to-date and developed in collaboration with the company "Elevate-IT".
- European Cooperation & Networking with European services and sister organizations through ECSLA.
Influencing - The work behind the scenes.
- Construction issues (eg. Construction permits)
- Energy and financial charges.
- Investments and subsidies.
- Costs and competition.
- Marketing and Brand Awareness.
- Safety (eg. Employees, products, ...)
- Traffic and mobility.
BVBVK - Professional Association of the Belgian Freezing and Refrigeration Industry.
The Belgian Cold Storage Association was founded in 1921 as the "Belgian professional association of Refrigeration Industries". The Belgian Cold Storage Association covers all the logistics companies which are involved in storage for third parties under controlled temperature, refrigeration or freezing, including related services.